Today when things are simpler, more and more popular. Simplicity always brings modernity and luxury. One of them is the furniture made from bamboo and rattan. The items are made from objects close to nature. Bring a rustic, simple and bring a close living space. Therefore, items made from this material are now loved by both domestic and foreign customers. But how to make these products have a long use time as well as not be moldy or moldy. Then you need to note a few things when using the product. Let’s take a look at Bao Trung’s ways to help preserve bamboo and rattan as beautiful as new!
The causes of bamboo and rattan products are moldy, termite …
Rattan is a traditional material of Vietnam, it has been used for a long time. My father used these ingredients to make products for everyday use. Today, as the economy grows more and more, traditional products are still loved by many customers. Being liked and trusted by both domestic and foreign markets. However, products made from bamboo and rattan are easy to mold and termite if you do not know how to use them. Here are 2 main causes of product mold moisture and termites:
- In the preliminary processing process: The raw materials of rattan and bamboo are not carefully processed, this will lead to the situation of moldy, termites for the product later. The process of processing materials before making bamboo and rattan furniture. A number of requirements will be strictly followed to ensure the quality of the product. Just poor preliminary processing at any stage, even if it is small, will also lead to undesirable results.
- Ambient humidity is too large: Our country is a hot and humid climate, so the humidity is quite high. This also significantly affects the longevity of furniture made from bamboo and rattan.
How to remove the management for the most durable bamboo and rattan furniture.
For long life expectancy of furniture made from bamboo and rattan. Then you need to apply the following preservation methods to maximize the product’s shelf life. Let’s take a look at how to preserve products made from bamboo and rattan with Bao Trung below!
- When you first buy the product, you need to leave it in the sun for 1-2 days to effectively kill bacteria.
- If you want to kill all mold, termites, you can spray disinfect before using. You should note, disinfectants are harmful to human health. So when you finish disinfecting, keep the product in a well-ventilated place within 24 – 48 hours.
- Avoid exposing the product to water and chemicals. With tea table products, you can put a glass on top. As for products that are furniture, you can cover the legs of bamboo and rattan furniture with epoxy glue.
- After a period of use, usually about 1 year, you should polish the bamboo and rattan products once. If you like other colors, you can paint with oil (or PU paint). This is one of the ways to preserve and clean bamboo and rattan products.
- Clean items made from bamboo and rattan at least once a year. You can use a vacuum cleaner to be able to remove dirt from the crevices. When cleaning, you should use a small broom or soft cloth to avoid scratching the utensils. Do not use strong detergents to clean the product. By doing so, it will damage the surface of the product.